Writers Block and Faith in God

faith in god
As a writer it's sometimes very hard to come up with a topic to write about, this is what we call writers block, which is pretty much the a writer's worst nightmare; I know it certainly is for me. There are days when I can't wait to get home from a great workout after being inspired by an event or thought that I can't wait to hammer out into a post, then you have those days that you can't think of a single thing; which pretty much describes what I've been facing this entire week, being a writer is not always as easy as you would imagine.

For reasons which are currently unknown to me, I haven't been hearing or getting any feedback from God lately, which sort of depresses me to a certain extent. Up until the beginning of this week, God was providing me with some great topics, viewpoints, inspiration, and just pushing me along in my writing; but this week, He's been entirely silent. It could be that I've done something to build up a barrier in my heart which is blocking communication with God or something that I've failed to bring before Him which I should have, but didn't. I'm not entirely sure why this is now happening, but I won't let it affect my mood, my outlook, or my faith in God or reaching others on a daily basis.

Have you ever had the kind of moments which I've been describing, not necessarily with writing, but with anything in your life? Has there ever been a time when you needed to come up with an idea, a way to achieve a goal, or to complete a task you've been given? Have you ever had a time in your life when you've continuously come before God in prayer, putting all your faith in his abilities, and just never heard back or received an answer; it's discouraging isn't it? If there's one thing I've learned though, it's this, God doesn't always answer us directly and not always in the time span that we would like him too.

Let me give you an example, not too long ago, my wife and I made a donation to our church, which is currently having a new home built. I won't go into the details of how much or anything like that, I don't want any praise or recognition for what we did, I merely want to show you how God works. When we transferred the money from our account to the church, we gave with a willing heart, but not long after, the Devil began pouring selfish thoughts into my mind. Thoughts like: I wonder how God's going to bless me for the money that we gave, I wonder when He's going to bless us, I wonder how much He'll return back to us. Satan is a powerful and evil entity, when I realized I was under attack, I turned to God immediately in prayer. "Father, I give this gift with a willing and unselfish heart, I don't expect anything in return. Lord, help me to push these thoughts and attacks from my mind, they have no place in my heart, they are selfish and untrue. God if you do bless us for the gift we've given, please let it come in the form of a happy marriage; let my wife and myself grow happier and more loving towards one another. I ask this to be done in Jesus name, amen."

Over the course of the next week or two, I continued to pray that God would strengthen our marriage, although my wife and I would continue having arguments and getting into little disagreements. After a week or two, I continued to pray for my wife and her relationship with God, but the request of a blessed marriage began to slip from my mind until it got to the point where I was no longer praying for it at all. Yesterday I came to a sudden and delightful realization, my wife and I have not had a fight for a couple of weeks now, we've been nicer to one another, and thoroughly enjoyed being in each others company. I realized that even after I had stopped praying, God knew my heart and my desires, He answered the prayers which I had brought before Him and has blessed my wife and I with a happiness and love we haven't had for quite some time now. You see, God doesn't always give us things when we want them, He sometimes makes us wait and suffer through a few heartaches before He'll answer our calls; but you must continue to place your faith in Him.

In regards to my writing and why He hasn't answered my prayers and granted me with the requests I've brought before Him these last few days, I'm not sure. It could be that He's testing my dedication and my resolve to reach out to others, testing that even when He doesn't personally provide me with a revelation or thought to nudge me in the right direction that I'll go out of my way to continue serving Him. God is a mysterious person, no one on earth can understand how He operates or why He does the things He does; but you can best believe that they are all a part of His plan. Writers block doesn't particularly scare me as a blog writer, I can always find something to throw up on my site; it may not always be the best topic in the world, but there will never be a shortage of ideas in my mind. There are a couple of reasons for this, if you're a writer you may want to pay attention to what I have to say.

God has blessed us with an infinite supply of resources to find topics to write about, even if it's in a specific area of writing; such as Christian living. You have places like Yahoo Answers where people go every single day with questions about life, Christianity, God, the Bible, and who knows what else. It is extremely easy to take one of these questions and spin it into a full fledged article dedicated to leading the lost and inspiring other Christians. You also have search engines at your disposal, type in a term like Christian News and see what's going on in the world; if you find something interesting enough to capture your attention, write a post about what you thought of it. The last and best source, is again, God Himself; don't ever belittle God and His awesome power. Although He may not answer you directly, if you seek His help, you can have full faith that you'll be shown something for the day in which you can write about. I literally come before God almost every time I begin writing, asking that He would use me to the best of my abilities and reach everyone with the maximum effects.

You want another example at how great my God is, scroll up and down this page, what do you see? If you're like me you see a whole lot of typed words coming down the center correct? I started this post without the slightest clue of what I was going to talk about, yet I haven't had to pause once and think about what I should say next; my Father is looking out for me and you best believe He's looking out for you as well, especially if your doing work for Him. I would like to thank you for stopping by and reading, if you enjoyed my take on things, please feel free to leave me a comment below about your thoughts. If you'd like to share this post with your friends or family, there are social buttons located at the top of the page, where you can also find an RSS feed to subscribe to; please consider voting me up with a +1 found below.

Now consider reading about Jesus the Miracle Worker or check out another site I use called Bible.Org!

God Bless!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is Light in 2021

Use Fitness to Witness for Jesus

Unanswered Prayers