Of God and Love

Over the past few days I've been doing a lot of reading and a lot of learning. When I say reading, I don't only mean the Bible, and when I say learning, I'm not only speaking about the things that I find in text. No, over the past week I guess we'll say, I've been learning a lot about God in general, who He is, what He really wants from us, and many things regarding me personally; which I will gladly share with you all to hopefully shine some light into your lives as well.

A week and a half ago, I walked into the office of the care pastor at my church and told him that my relationship with God was not where I wanted it to be, "I desire to be able to hear from God the way He hears from me." Now, before I go any further, many of you may or may not believe in this kind of thing, but I can promise you this, it is real and available to every person who genuinely seeks it. He suggested a book to me called, 'Drawing Near' by John Bevere, and from about the fifth chapter in I was hooked and near about didn't want to put it down; that's how good the information was to me and I was extremely hungry to know more.

Basically, here is what the book talks about in a nutshell, God wants more from us than to simply share the gospel and come to Him in prayer; God wants a close and intimate relationship with each and everyone of us. If you don't believe me, let me point out a verse to you from very early in the Bible, before Christ was even close to coming and dying for us. Exodus 34:14 NLT says: You must worship no other gods, for the LORD, whose very name is Jealous, is a God who is jealous about His relationship with you. I want you to think about that for a minute, just reread that verse and think about what it's implying.

Think about this, God created every human being in His likeness, when you think about having a child, do you even remotely consider not spending time with them and getting to know them; well then, why would God be any different? To put it even more clearly, God is fully and completely the embodiment of love, He desires us far more than we could ever desire Him; He wants to know us far more than we desire to know Him. Can you even really begin to wrap your mind around that, hard as I may try, I still cannot even really grasp that concept; but I know one thing, my desire to seek God has grown exponentially, and I want nothing more than to become a true companion of His.

Upon completing this book, which was incredible down to the very last page, I kind of sat back in my chair in silence, dumbfounded actually by all that I had read. I thought to myself, Lord, I've never really looked at you this way before, you've left yourself so open and vulnerable for us to hurt you and trample all over your heart. Father I'm so sorry for the things which I've put you through, please forgive me for shunning you all of these past few years, I want to make this right and I want to be so close to you now. God, as I spend each and everyday for the rest of my life seeking you, please draw closer to me and begin to speak to my heart.

There is not one person on this earth who is an exception to this, God wants to have a personal and intimate relationship with each and every single person on this planet. It doesn't matter what kind of evil acts you've committed, what nationality you are, where you come from, your gender, or anything; the Lord wants you just as you are and He yearns to know you just as closely as He knows His Son Jesus Christ. The only thing that you have to do is realize that you are a sinner and accept His Son Jesus as your Lord and Savior. To do this is so simple and takes less than 30 secs, but every word has to be meant in your heart. Say, "Jesus, I realize that I'm a sinner, and that the penalty of this sin is death. I also realize that you died in my place many many years ago to forgive me of these sins, please come into my heart and forgive me; thank you for your sacrifice. I pray and ask that this would be done in your name, Jesus, amen."

The Bible assures us that we may have confidence in the fact that if we've said this prayer and meant it in our hearts, then we are saved. However, this is but the first step in your lifelong journey of coming to know God as a personal companion. The true test comes with how you choose to live your life from this point on, serving Him, and sincerely seeking His persona each and everyday. You don't have to, but you should in fact begin reading the Holy Bible, which is the Word of God; doing this will bring you closer to Him each and everyday, as well as shed light on who He truly is. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a comment anytime, I may not always have the answer, but rest assured that I will speak with someone else who does and get back to you.

If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it with anyone you know by the use of our social buttons found a the top right of the page. As previously stated, you can also leave me a comment or feedback below, where you can also vote me up with a +1 in Google Plus. Now consider reading one of my last articles, called, Unanswered Prayers.

Thank you for reading and God Bless!


Comments

  1. Yes, I really like it and I want to add a few lines to my saying that in critical time of our life whether you will look back you will surely find him(God).Thankss....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

God is Light in 2021

Use Fitness to Witness for Jesus

Free Christian Music Online